Tuesday, January 10, 2017

A Week: 7 days


1 week left to enjoy time with my family.  1 week left to talk with my friends everyday.  1 week left to eat as much Chick-fil-a a firl could ask for.  I week left to stress about actually leaving.  1 week till one of the greatest adventures of my life begins.

I have loved my time with my family as I am transitioning from college life to missionary life.  I love the laughs I share with Shelby and seeing how much she's grown up since I have been gone at college.  For heaven's sake she's turning 16 this year.  I don't think that should be allowed. I love the "fights" between Karley as she lets me invade her room and call her my "peasant."  She will always know how to push my buttons, but I can push hers just as easily.  I love the sweetness Sydney shares, even though she may or may not be transitioning to the awful teenage years. :)  She is already taller than me; she got the tall genes, I got the redhead genes.  Who really won?  I love how Thomas can use his imagination and make a game for Benjamin, Kensley and him to play.  I love how genuinely happy Benjamin is.  He is such a sweet kid, that has some cool dance moves on the basketball court.  I love my little Kensley and all the sass that comes with her.  She has perfected the talent in teasing until it's time to act innocent in front of mom and dad.  She knows how to keep her siblings in check.  (she's pretty much got everybody wrapped around her little finger)  I love how my mom puts up with me and plays with my hair, even when she's tired.  I love how my dad lets me drive his fancy new car (and doesn't freak out as much as mom.)  All I am trying to say is my family is pretty great!  I don't want to leave them for 18 months, but we have the eternities, right?

These next 18 months wouldn't be possible without my family, friends, YW leaders, this gospel and my Savior.  I love this gospel dearly and can't wait to share it.  I know my Savior loves me and wants me to share His love with the people of Guatemala.  I CAN'T WAIT!!(: My next post will be from Guatemala.  I love you all!  Guatemala City, here I come!!  See you in 18 months;)

**Little did I know that I would be switched to the Provo MTC shortly after making this post.  Provo MTC, here I come!




No comments:

Post a Comment