Tuesday, February 20, 2018

13 months but who's counting?

Buenos!

Pues, this week the Avendaño family got baptized on the 14th of February! We woke up at 2 am on the 14th to go to a multi-zone conference in San Lucas (we live the farthest away). The Elders made fun of us, because we brought the baptism clothes with us (thinking we wouldn't arrive in time.) We were nervous about getting back home before 5:30 pm. Luckily, we got home at 4:20 pm. We stopped by and helped them get ready and we all headed to the church. I have never been so happy. It was amazing to see one by one enter into this special covenant with our Heavenly Father. There was a fiesta here in Sololà and I am sure there was a fiesta in Heaven as well. Right now, we are working with some investigators and looking to find some new ones.

I was reading a conference talk this past week and I really liked two quotes that was that were stated:

"Look at my life now and compare it to my former life. You will see that I am trying to live out the truth I proclaim." Leo Tolstoy

"Do not gloat, but give your help to anyone trying to walk the road back to God."

As missionaries and members, we are nowhere close to perfect, but if we try to live the doctrine we will become more like our Savior. I challenge each of you to reflect on the changes each of you have had and the changes you all would like to have. And always, help the missionaries help others come unto Christ.

Con amor,
Hermana Tibbits

Baptisms and a cute puppy (:





No comments:

Post a Comment