Saturday, March 18, 2017

Hermana Pequenos y Bayron's Baptism

This week I learned "Tibbit" is small in Cakchiquel, so I am Hermana Smalls to those that know Cakchiquel...

8 de Marzo..
I miss the days in the CCM when Elders would eat whatever I didn't want to eat.. Today, we visited Bayron and got permission from his mom to be baptized this Saturday. We also had cleaning inspections and passed! We found a woman that can't walk and really needs hope in her life. We were able to visit with her and share a brief message about the hope and peace this gospel brings. Not much really happened.

9 de Marzo..
We went to San Antonio today and found 3 new investigators. I attended my first ward council. I also got my first thing for free, because I am a cachita. I feel like so much happened this week, but I don't know what to write about.

10 de Marzo..
This whole time I thought our area was big and I hadn't even gone to one part of it. Today we took 2 busitos to get to los Planes. One lady wouldn't give us her name, but invited us to come back and teach her. That was weird. Bayron is being baptized tomorrow.

11 de Marzo...
Today was a really fun day. We went to the Bishop's house to get keys to the church to start filling the baptismal font. We started everything at 11:30 and then left to get lunch. We gave the keys back to the Bishop first, so he could turn the water off while we were at lunch.  We got to eat out, because our lunch appointment fell through. I finally ate something that tasted like the Mexican food back home. We met with Bayron to help get him ready for his baptismal interview. We went back to the church to see less than a foot of water in the font and the water wouldn't turn back on. The Elders then got buckets of water from the public washing area and filled it just enough so Bayron could sit and then lay down completely immersed in water for his baptism. Bayron was baptized!

12 de Marzo..
Bayron was confirmed in Sacrament meeting today. We had an activity with the members of the Calvario ward in San Antonio. We now have 26 references (we had a similar activity the day before with the Patzicia ward in Patzicia.) I saw and was in my first downfall of rain in Guatemala. It rains so fast and hard and then it's back to normal.. People say my Español is improving, which I am seriously thankful for.

13 de Marzo..
Today was Pday. The zone leaders called to invited us to play fútbol with the rest of our district. We kicked the ball around with the Elders while we waited for the other Hermanas. After the other Hermanas arrived, we played a game. The Elders kept telling me to score a goal, but I liked defense a lot more. Afterwards, Hna. Juaregui and I practiced shooting while an Elder was the goalie. Needless to say, my right ankle is bruised and it hurts to walk. But all is good, it builds character. I love PDays (:

Hermana Tibbits

The Elders helping fill the Baptismal font. All the women carry these pots of water and basically anything on their heads (like the one Elder).
Bayron's Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment