Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Semana Uno Como Una Cachita

Miércoles.. 03/01
Mi primera district meeting happened. We ate lunch as a district and I almost started crying when a young girl asked me if I missed my family.. I have learned to eat everything on my plate (which is a hard task sometimes.) We went to work proselyting afterwards. It was an average day. Funny (sort of) story of the day: While walking to an investigator's house, we passed a group of young men (maybe 20s) playing kickball. The one kicking looked up, saw me and exclaimed, "wow!" Then all the others turned around and started talking in Español. We passed by and my companion is just laughing and I am flustered. Our investigator wasn't home and to leave the area we had to pass them again.. So we start walking up the street and they kick their ball down at me. My companion then kicked it back to them. We begin to pass them and they say "Buenos Tardes Cachita!" My companion invites them to attend church, like a good missionary. One man replied by saying only if I went closer and gave them directions. Needless to say, my companion thinks I need to "paint" my hair. (dye)

Jueves.. 03/02
Today was a good day. Nothing much happened. We went contacting and one investigator asked me to pray in English. I stumbled a bit, because I would begin to say the word in Español. Overall, not much happened, except a lot of planning in the morning and a lot of walking in the afternoon and evening.

Viernes.. 03/03
Today was one of the best days ever, minus the waking up at 3 am and super cold, windy weather. I got to spend most of the day with Hermana DeRosier. All new missionaries had to go to the capital for a meeting. There's apparently 2 more meeting for new missionaries. It was fun to catch up and talk in English. It was funny to watch the older missionaries try to speak English, until I couldn't remember the English word for "folleto" y "casa" when talking to Hna. DeRosier. When heading to catch a bus back to Patzicia, I was running across the street with my companion and I didn't notice her stopping and the car coming... Needless to say, I am alive and well. I definitely screamed a bit, but my companion pulled me back and I have learned my lesson.

Sábado.. 03/04
It's so cold here... I have realized I don't like all the food here. Some of it is really bland and gross. Everyone here drinks MOCAFE and I absolutely hate it. You can't refuse food or drink here, because it's really rude.

Domingo.. 03/05
I have never eaten so much food in my entire life. All the members give you Taza (a hot drink) with sweet bread whenever you visit. I had it 4 times and I no longer like it... Also, spilling a whole cup of it doesn't get you out of drinking it... You just get another cup of it. (it was totally an accident, but it was funny.) Little kids come up to us yelling "misioneras" and hug us. Oh, I also got to do an hour of service. Yo desgrané maiz. I don't know how to describe it in English.

Lunes.. 03/06
PDay was a lot of fun. We went shopping. We also cleaned the house a bit before going out with the other Hermanas. We went to Tecpan and it was a lot of fun. Guatemala is so beautiful. I wish I could attach pictures. Hna. Rodriguez says I am going to get fat and wants to see me in 8 months. I hope that's not the case. We finished cleaning and took a nap. At 5, we got to work again. We were visiting a member family. Her hijo called me, "Hermana Gringo" until he learned my real name. Also when visiting a less active, her hijo asked me, "Sabe Inglés?"  I answered yes and he went and got his backpack. He pulled out a notebook and began quizzing me. He would say the word in Spanish and I was supposed to translate. After several words and phrases, he says "Sí, sabe Ingles." I hadn't realized it was a test.

The days are long and hard, but I am happy. I have more love for Patzicia every day. "No soy perfecto; pero cada dia me esfuerzo por ser mejor."

¡The one and only pelirroja in Patzicia!










No comments:

Post a Comment