Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Exchanges with Elders and General Conference

¡Buenos!

28 Marzo..
Hna Rodriguez and Hna Jauregui got their new assignment/area. They left today and their area is officially closed. We now have 3 companionships in our district. (muy pequeño) Contacting in the night has now gotten hard, because there is so much fog. While we were meeting with a member family, I was asked to pray in English (one of the girls is learning English). It was more difficult than I thought. They told me I need to practice my English..

29 Marzo..
Today we had divisions for 3 hours with the Sister Training Leaders. I had to lead, because it was my area. (They both came to work with us in our area: Hna Romero and one went to Los Planes and I stayed in Patzicia with one) We met up with our companions at 1 pm. We didn't have English class again. We met with Hno Clementin (Menos Activo). I helped him with his English and corrected his story for his English class. He learned most of the English he knows on his mission. Apparently, I have really good handwriting for someone that wants to be a nurse and in general.

30 Marzo..
Today we had interviews with President Markham. It was actually really fun to talk to him and hear some stories about our mission and his son. (his son served in Korea) He also helped set up a way for me to watch general conference in English. Huge blessing for me. I accidentally talked in vos today, which we're not allowed to do. Something I learned from President Markham is that we can win every day, when we pray and plan our days with the Lord.

31 Marzo..
Not much happened today.. I love every day here, but sometimes there's nothing new to write about.

1 Abril..
Hna Romero and I had divisions with Elders today, so Elder Sweat and I could watch conference in English. I really like conference today. I am so glad to be serving a mission now. I also lost my name tag... Luckily, I have two and asked for more.I really liked the talk by Elder M. Russell Ballard about goals. It's really important for us to have goals that stretch us a little and make us a little better. I really liked when he said, "goal setting is seeing the end in mind and planning is figuring out how to get there."

2 Abril..
I love conference and am so grateful for the opportunity to watch it in English. Today while meeting with a menos activo, she started talking about how much happier I seem now. I am happy. I love Patzicia and the people here. I am also changing careers and opening a tortilleria.

3 Abril..
We woke up at 3 am to leave Patzicia at 5 am for Panajachel with our district. Lago de Atitlán is so beautiful. I bought a bigger backpack to carry everything we have to carry. We're hoping for Hna Roxana and Hno Manuel's wedding today, so She can be baptized this Saturday.

Con Amor, Hna Tibbits


Panajachel con mi companera

















 So much food with mi companera


Too much food...













No comments:

Post a Comment