Tuesday, October 24, 2017

9 months, What??

Hola!!

So I was told I need to share a more descriptive email about my new area (I almost have a month here in Petapa...) San miguel Petapa is a city on the outskirts of the capital: More people wear jeans than they do corte. Quite a few know English and if they don't they want to learn. The members are great, we are trying to get more of them to leave and do visits with us. A lot of them treat my companion and I like their hijas. I honestly love the members. My district compiles of 6 missionaries, including my companion and I. Our zone has 16 missionaries (the biggest zone I have been in). The capital is great, I am honestly still getting used to it.

This past week I completed 9 months in the mission. Everyone calls me old in the mission and says I will be leaving soon.  I don't feel like I have been in the mission for 9 months, but time flies when you are serving the Lord I guess. In these nine months:
I have had 4 areas, 7 companions (counting my CCM companion)
I have learned to love people in a matter of minutes of meeting them.
I have learned and felt the love of Christ.
I have seen how the gospel changes lives.
I have learned to love the Book of Mormon more than ever before. I have learned that our smiles are the message, because the gospel is happiness.
I have learned that I don't need to know Spanish perfectly for people to feel the spirit and I am working hard to be better in Spanish.
I have laughed, cried, and enjoyed these past 9 months.
I can't wait to spend the next 9 months teaching repentance and baptizing converts in beautiful Guatemala.
con  amor,
Hermana Tibbits


1. My second mom and her family
2. Brownies for 9 months (yes I froze them after to put in ice cream)
3 and 4 It is a lot harder than I thought to make a fake pregnant belly...





No comments:

Post a Comment