Sunday, February 19, 2017

So I looked up at my alarm clock today and realized I have been here a month exactly today...I feel like I have been here forever some days and other days I feel like I just got here.  I also did a really bad job at writing in my journal this week..Lo Siento!

Monday 2/13
Our lesson with Fernanda went well.  She has committed to be baptized in a month. (pretty sure she's already a member and playing a part)  We also got to Skype with a member in Argentina and share a brief message with her.  We had a goodbye party for our STLs.  That was a little sad, since they are the ones that have been with us from the beginning of our MTC experience.

Tuesday 2/14
So I got sick on Valentine's day...we went to the doctor's office after class.  I had a slight fever and the doctor thought I might have the flu.  So he gave me some medicine for the day and told me to go take a long nap.  When I woke up, I felt worse, but thought maybe eating something would help.  We got to the devotional and everyone was so excited.  M. Russell Ballard came and spoke, that was awesome.  He talked a lot about goals and attitudes.  Something that he said that I liked was "the height you climb depends on your attitude" and "don't wait to be great."  It definitely changed my outlook throughout the week.

Wednesday 2/15
I was tested for the flu today and it came back negative (thank heavens).  We did get to walk off campus to the BYU Health Clinic to get some meds.  We were told to take another nap and I felt much better by the end of the day.  We taught Fernanda and she agreed to go to church this Sunday.  Something I have learned while being at the MTC is that Christlike love is so easy to have for people even in such a short amount of time.  Time has gone by so fast!  I am going to miss the MTC, even though it gets boring and repetitive some days.

Thursday 2/16
We taught a less active member today.  That was interesting and a fun, new change.  Gym time was probably the highlight of the day, because nothing really happens on Thursdays.  I love being able to play volleyball almost everyday.

Friday 2/17
Today was a fun day, because we got to celebrate 2 birthdays and we are in the MTC.  Gifts are really hard to find in the MTC and be creative.  We taught our last lesson with Fernanda, muy triste.  We are going to miss teaching her, but we are so ready to serve the people of Guatemala.  At 8:30, our substitute teacher had us go "contacting" (we looked for random people and bore our testimonies in Spanish.)  It was a lot of fun, especially since most of them didn't speak Spanish. :) I love this gospel.  I love that I can share my testimony every day, whether its through words or simple things.
"Missionary work isn't easy, because salvation isn't a cheap experience." Holland
Hermana Tibbits:)

1.  We love the temple.
2.  All the Hermanas in our District
3.  Our "breaking free" picture to get my meds






No comments:

Post a Comment