Saturday, February 4, 2017

Semana Tres


Sunday...
I love Sundays at the MTC.  They are awesome!  My companion and I taught relief society about the Book of Mormon.  I'm so grateful for being raised in a family that read the scriptures and had time as a family to learn and grow closer as a family as well as to Christ.  We also got to go to the Provo Temple for a walk. Most of the Elders (4/6) went with us, which was fun.  I really do enjoy being so close to a temple and being able to go twice a week.

Monday...
Today was a roller coaster, but it ended well.  I love that the MTC allows (more like forces:)) missionaries to give back to the MTC by doing 75 minutes of cleaning the MTC each week.  We got another appointment for my companion to go to the dentist on Tuesday, because she chipped it again.  My companion and I got to watch our district teach their individual investigators, because ours didn't show up.  (there's cameras in the room so the teachers can watch)  It was really helpful, because we got one on one (companionship) with our teacher and he helped us and asked us how they could improve so it could better our lessons.  We have a lot of work to do.

Tuesday...
I feel like I say almost every day is good, which is true.  The atmosphere is just great here.  I  can't explain it.  We set language goals in class and talked about them with our teacher one on one.  My goal is to learn 20 words a day and 5 verbs..We'll see how well this will go.  During/after the devotional, I felt the prompting that I am where I am supposed to be, even though it wasn't originally the plan.  For some reason, I was supposed to go to the Provo MTC instead of the Guatemala MTC. (I haven't figured it out yet)  I know the Lord loves us and He knows our strengths and our weaknesses.  Regardless of what we've done or what weaknesses we have, He still wants us and calls us to do His work and live righteously.

Wednesday...
So on Tuesday an Elder told me to do my hair differently instead of my usual hair down and straightened.  We knew he wouldn't expect me to do it, so as a joke my companion did my hair into boxer braids (hence the picture with said Elder).  The elders were surprised.  I actually got compliments all day about it from random people.  I didn't write much for this day...Lo Siento.  We hosted new missionaries which was fun.  You basically just show them around and then drop them off at their classrooms with their district and go to pick up another one(: It was sad to see people say goodbye to their families, but happy because they're serving the Lord.  I also received donuts (donas in espanol) from Molly Cherrington which was the Cherry on top of my day.  I feel loved and love all that y'all do for me:)

Thursday...
We taught one of our investigators, Inocencio.  His daughter (2 yrs. old) passed away the day before.  I was prompted to talk about Jordan and how families can be together forever.  I can't wait till I can be with my family forever.  I love them so dearly.  My companion and I got our flight plans.  We leave Sunday night at 12:40 am (so technically Monday to Georgia and then Guatemala.  (Sound familiar Sam?)

Friday...
The happiness this gospel brings is amazing.  I love it!  We taught our investigator, Fernanda, and read the scriptures with her.  She couldn't stop smiling (:  I got a package from my family and it made my day (:  My companion and I tried to only speak in Spanish today and it was really hard.  Tosino is bacon in Spanish..Fun word of the week I guess.

Read Mosiah 18, it's awesome(:
Love you all!!  Have a good week!!
Hermana Tibbits(:

No comments:

Post a Comment