Sunday, February 26, 2017

Ultimo Semana en CCM (10)

This was my last week in the MTC. It's super weird to think I will be in Guatemala in 2 days and leave the MTC tomorrow night. I have definitely enjoyed my time at the MTC and will miss the people I have met here. I can't wait to get into the field!

Monday.. 2/20
Today was interesting experience. We were on splits, so my companion and another hermana could perform for the incoming senior missionaries. Hermana Penner (my companion for 3 hours) had to get needle therapy for her back at the Physical Therapist's office. I got to go with her and it was pretty cool to watch. The physical therapist joked and said, "if you don't pass out watching this, you will pass nursing school." We also don't have any investigators, so we are role-playing within our district.

Tuesday.. 2/21
We taught our substitute teacher and had to do it through "cold-contacting." (you don't know anything about them) It was hard to plan a quick lesson for someone we knew nothing about. What I love is that we don't need to know them, because Heavenly Father knows them and will help guide us to know what we should say through the Spirit. We sang "Precious Savior, Dear Redeemer," during the devotional. Something I learned is that the Lord gives you challenges that seem improbable, so that you can do the impossible later. Also, we should use every single moment of our missions (lives for non-missionaries) to improve and serve the Lord with a glad heart.

Wednesday.. 2/22
Nothing much happened on Wednesday.. My life in the MTC is class, exercise time and more class. Not the most exciting, but I have enjoyed it and growing from it.

Thursday.. 2/23
We had in-field orientation. It was helpful, but really long. Something I learned during the training was that we need to be the missionaries that people will feel the Spirit the minute we walk in. I love this gospel and I can't wait to share it with the people of Guatemala. I hope that I will teach and be the missionary that people will feel the Spirit when I walk in and invite them to come unto Christ.

Friday.. 2/24
It was our last full day of class. It was the Hermana's last class with Hermana Singer, because we all leave a day earlier than the Elders. It was kind of sad, but I know we are all moving on to bigger and greater things. It'll be weird not to see everyone everyday.

"If you lower your expectations, your effectiveness will decrease."

Your favorite Hermana,
               Hermana Tibbits (:



Our last picture with our STL, Hermana Paskins


                                           Look who I found a the Provo Temple!!

                                          We are so excited to head to Guatemala Tomorrow!!





No comments:

Post a Comment